- What can the Validation Report be used for?
- Where can I find the Validation Report?
- What can I expect when I download the report?
- How long is the Validation Report available?
What can the Validation Report be used for?
- Independent check whether and which fields have been correctly transferred to optilyz.
- Independent check whether all personalization contents per data record have been completely and correctly transferred to optilyz.
- Independent check of the general data quality of your data records provided to us after correction by optilyz.
- Independent check of addresses corrected and/or excluded by optilyz:
- Verification of the deliverability of the respective address.
- Minor corrections to formatting and spelling errors
- Identification of Suspicious Names such as Mr. John Doe, Test Testerman or Max Mustermann
- Identification and exclusion of addresses outside the specified country of delivery
- Removal of duplicate recipients (duplicates)
- Exclusion of undeliverable addresses
- Inclusion of address data corrected by optilyz in your database.
- Removal of records deleted by optilyz from your database.
Where can I find the Validation Report?
Log in to the optilyz platform > Automations > select appropriate mailing > Download Validation Report
Please mind that Validation Reports are only created automatically for mailings with up to 10,000 recipients. For mailings larger than that, please contact us and we'll provide the report free of charge!
What can I expect when I download the report?
The download contains a CSV file:
If, when configuring your automation, you decided to include addresses that resulted in warnings during the verification process, the respective information can be found in the "Warning" column. Also, in the "Fixes" column we have described any changes or improvements we have made to deliverable addresses. This is the final report based on which the mailing will be produced.
Reason for the warning
|House number is likely invalid||The house number is not verified|
|Name contains 3 consecutive identical characters||Unusual spelling, e.g. Saaarah, Herrrzog...|
|First name is unrecognized||"Suspicious name" due to special characters or unusual spelling or unusual name|
|Name contains invalid character(s)||Special characters or similar have been found in the name|
|Address was not found in address database||Address is not verified|
|The address has no first name||First name is missing, but last name is present, so delivery is possible (but may affect personalization!)|
|Name contains keys words indicating it is not a personal name||The last name could be fake, e.g. Test, Tester....|
|First name is recognized as a common last name||The first and last name may have been interchanged|
|Name contains number||There are numbers within the name|
How long is the Validation Report available?
Very important: The mailing list is only available for 21 days after postal handover! After that, the data is automatically deleted due to GDPR reasons and cannot be restored. Please always download the list in time if necessary.