Integrate optilyz and automate Direct Mail in CrossEngage
Postal touchpoints can easily be built into your marketing mix once you have activated optilyz in your CrossEngage account in a few clicks by following this guide.
Step 1. Set up the integration
You will need an active optilyz account for this step. If you don´t already have one, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Simply fetch your API key from the Automations section on the optilyz dashboard.
Then go to the CrossEngage app Settings --> Integrations.
1.1. Click "Add new integration"
1.2. Find "optilyz" and click "Set up"
1.3. Give the integration a name and paste in the API key from your optilyz account. Then click "Connect"
Step 2. Value mapping
If you wish, you can set up a preset value mapping at this point. Alternatively, you can map values when you set up your direct mail message in CrossEngage in step 4.
There are three types of value mapping you can set up:
- User attributes
- Static values
Click "Apply" to save the integration and value mapping preset.
Step 3. Create your direct mail automation
Go to your optilyz account, then to "Automated Mailings" and click on "New Automated Mailing".
3.1 Give your automation a name
Give your automation a meaningful name so that you can keep track of it later.
3.2 Choose the delivery country
3.3. Configure the triggers for your automation
You have two options (minimum of 500 mailings per trigger):
1) On a regular, time basis: Every day or once a week, you decide which day
2) After a minimum number of recipients is collected
3.4 Address validation
Tell us what to do with address validation results. Should we include unverified address and suspicious names in the mailing?
3.5 Mail materials
Choose and configure the products you would like to send.
After selecting your products, review and confirm the individual configurations by clicking on "Review configuration" next to each format.
3.6 Upload your designs
1) Upload a PDF of your finalized designs, being sure to leave the personalization and address fields BLANK.
2) Optionally add voucher codes. See next section for more information.
3.7 Voucher codes
Step 4. Using optilyz in CrossEngage
On the CrossEngage Dashboard, go to "Campaigns" and click "Create a new campaign" in the top right hand corner.
- Choose whether you want to create an Audience (users with specific attributes or behavior) or Realtime (e.g. card abandonment: when a user removes something from a basket) campaign
- When you´ve created your campaign and filled in the "Campaign setup" and "Target group" sections, go to "Messages" and click "Create new message"
- Set up A/B test by splitting out the target groups here
- Select "Direct mail" from the dropdown menu after which the message setup screen will open
Under "Send via integration" select the optilyz integration
Step 5. Summary
- Double check that everything is set up to your specifications. Then click "Activate".
- You will receive an email if your designs are not ready for print, e.g. because the resolution is too low or your design is set up in RGB.
- Select the automation in the CrossEngage campaign message.
For value mapping details, please jump back to step 2.